Saturday, May 22, 2021

2021 Week 20

 Not much happening in the sewing room in the last few weeks:  having got through the Parish Council trial that is the Internal Audit (carried out by an external auditor - go figure) I am no preparing for the External Audit which is a whole load more red tape.  I think I may be close to being abou to get the Councilors to sign it off so I'm having a quick break!

I have been hand sewing in front of the TV in the evenings: I really need to consider the lighting levels when I take photos, but a rainbow flimsy is starting to take shape


And this box of gorgeousness is waiting to be added

Lisa has completed her 100 crochet blocks for a blanket.  She has been (quite logically) keeping them in piles based on the outer border but now she's finished we needed to number them all - an i-pad and two mobile phones with the descriptions of each square and it's number, a chart naming all the different (not very different in many cases) colours, loads of easy clips and scraps of paper and we finally got them all identified!

Niki wants it a bit bigger (to cover feet and shoulders) - we had a go at arranging the blocks into an 8x12 arrangement but got hopelessly confused so she's going to stick with this suggested plan (see below) but she's adding a border of grey to each block, then will add grey top and bottom plus some piano key type borders.  I think it will be gorgeous!!!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting: I don't always get notified that you left a post, so apologies if I don't respond

August 2026

 At last the crazy heat seems to be behind us, and now we head into September But first here is photo furtle evidence of my August Jackie an...