Wednesday, June 30, 2010

2010 June (from original blog)

 

On the move


I used to have my sewing room in the house, then last autumn I moved to the shed (log cabin type shed, not lawn mower storage type shed)

However, the daughter who also uses the shed was worried that her friends may push buttons or pick up fragile things, or - horror - use fabric scissors for paper, or toe nails (it happened to a friend of mine, it was her mother in law!!) and also the insulation isn't great under the floor, so I have now decided to move back to the house. I love the arrangement that I had, so I am moving things back to the house and hoping to make the best use of what must be a contender for the world's smallest sewing room! The problem is, it now leaves no time for sewing (twitch, twitch!)

LATER . . .















Well the sewing stuff has been moved to the box room, and the computer is moved and working again too, so I am back in business. A productive day, I have finished an order of 45 polo shirt and fleeces, and have nearly finished an embroidery on a baby blanket, and I sold another embroidery design on ETSY - this applique lighthouse - another $1:50 into the savings - very exciting!!!


This is the sewing room from left to right, it never quite got to tidy before I started pulling out all the projects that had a specific deadline, maybe I'll get there one day :-)



I especially like the kitchen utensil hooks on the front of the shelves - fab for scissors etc.



And I love the 45 degree pipes Husband has stuck onto wood for me, ideal for pens, glues, stitch rippers etc

(Thank you to Patrick for the idea, and to Tindra for letting me copy. Patrick we miss you RIP)







I even remembered to put books on the sunny side, and fabrics on the shady side!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting: I don't always get notified that you left a post, so apologies if I don't respond

2024 April

 I have a few customers who make patchwork quilts and are very organised about wanting labels for them, so I've been doing some designin...